Landscaping projects are a great way to enhance curb-appeal and increase property value, which means it’s good to be prepared. Read on to learn why winter in Massachusetts is the best time to plan your landscaping projects.
Spring will be here before you know it, making now the perfect time to begin planning your upcoming landscaping projects.
The landscape design process begins much sooner than many homeowners anticipate and occurs in three phases:
Phase 1: Initial Site Meeting
● We will meet you on-site to discuss your landscape design remodel.
● Listen to your vision, inspiration, and address any concerns you may have.
● We will then provide you with initial design options and ideas to consider.
● Next, we’ll discuss your budget and any materials you like or dislike, along with maintenance requirements, and permits.
● Obtain the plot plan (survey plan) from the client.
● In the last step of this phase, we will measure the property and take photos to create a Sketch Plan.
Phase 2: Design Proposal
● You will receive a design proposal to review.
● The proposal includes the price, design specifications, design format, and type of design.
● You then have the option to accept the proposal and pay the initial deposit. Deposit amounts may vary depending on the scope of your project.
Phase 3: Design Presentation
● You will receive a completed design presentation.
● We will then work with you to discuss possible modifications or potential changes to the design.
● Provide you with approximate pricing for the work described.
● Provide you with material quantities and samples for review.
Why is Winter the Best Time to Begin Planning Landscaping Projects?
Having a master plan for any large-scale project is always a good idea. After considering the three phases that occur before a project breaks ground, homeowners can see that the early stages of any landscape design project can be time consuming, especially if revisions are required.
Imagine you are interested in massive landscaping projects that include patio pavers, outdoor kitchen installation, fire pit installation, and an inground pool and pool deck. This is a multi-dimensional project requiring a lot of detail, and the pool installation alone could take over two months to complete. Given the limitations of New England weather, if the planning/design phase for this project weren’t to begin until April or May, homeowners are at risk of their project not being completed until late autumn.
For this reason, we recommend homeowners begin the planning and design phases in January or February so that by the time spring arrives, your project is officially ready to begin and weather-related delays are less likely.
To learn more about landscaping projects, visit the JM Mento Landscape Design Services page and schedule a free consultation today!
Follow JM Mento Landscape Design on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Houzz for project details and updates!